The youngest

My Family is not much larger, I have three sibling, one older brother, one older sister and one younger sister. I was the youngster until I was 10, then my mom got pregnant and I lost my kingdom.

When I think about my childhood, I remember that we were very happy as a family. We lived in a very small and humble house. There were just two rooms: the kitchen and the bedroom where my parents and my brothers slept tight. There was a horrible type of bathroom out of the house, I didn’t like it because I need to go out to use the bathroom,
especially at night. I loved being the youngster, I had all the attention and care from my parents and brothers. I have many sweet memories of my childhood, as when the entire family woke up and watched TV all Sunday morning, I can clearly remember the feeling when listening the Globo Rural’s jingle (famous farming Brazilian TV Show), I really loved these things.

Everything got even better when we moved to Rondonia. In that place, in the middle of the Amazon forest, I lived many good experiences, my older brother worked in the farm with my father, and my older sister helped my mom with the housework. I had the all the time to play, it was really funny! My favorite free time activity was hunting down birds and small rodents. After 2 years, we moved back to Mato Grosso, and do you know what happened? My sister was born. I wasn’t sad cause I lost the Title of “the Youngster”, but I really wanted a little brother, not a sister. I was disappointed, the reality was there, right before my eyes: My reign fell through... It's over... I had been deposed from my comfortable position: the youngest.

At the beginning I felt my world going down, because I was no longer the preferred one, the eyes were all focused on my little sister, but anyway, I was still happy. Nowadays I think about the incredible stories of my childhood and I feel fulfilled because I had a true childhood, intensely lived, full of good games and fun. There was no Internet, Cell Phones or electronic entertainment, but it was fun! 

Comments